Day 8, May 9, 2018
Karma What comes around goes around I'm telling you, baby, It's called karma What goes up comes down Hits the ground You're gonna find out All about, all about Karma Jessica Andrews
Today was a good day. Work had me driving quite a distance and I had time to think. I wondered what I was going to do today that I love, what would make me feel good? As I considered my options, with just a little concern for my lack of planning Day 8, I stopped to let a car go ahead of me in the intersection. Well, I thought, that was a nice feeling. So I decided I would do as many good deeds as I could squeeze in to my busy day. I took every chance I could to go out of my way to be extra courteous, extra generous and just plain thoughtful.
Want the same warm and fuzzy feeling? Try these “fool proof methods”:
What I did today
- I was an overly courteous driver (I am usually just courteous).
- I gave a guy at the grocery store a coupon for free pasta and a girl a coupon for free hot dog buns. They were very happy. I had the coupons and wasn’t going to use them and saw the items in their carts.
- I left my server a 25% tip for my lunch at Pita Jungle.
- I complimented 4 people on something about them I liked (be sincere, don’t make stuff up, it is too obvious).
- I ordered flowers and candy for my mother-in-law for Mother’s Day. I usually only send flowers but opted for the dipped strawberries to make it more special because she is.
Quote to ponder: At the end of the day, it is not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished. It’s about who you’ve lifted up. Who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back. Denzel Washington